As a health enthusiast, I can’t do a smoothie section and not have a green one, can I?
I had to do a green smoothie and don’t be scared- not every ingredient is green ok. It doesn’t consist of sprouts, runner beans and broccoli. It got some leaves in it, yes, but it’s all good. I promise you. Now go buy yourself some Kale and get making this bad boy:
What you need:
- 2 cups (~ 60 g) kale, packed, fresh or frozen (organic when possible)
- 1 cup (165 g) ripe frozen mango cubes (organic when possible)
- 1 cup (150 g) ripe frozen peaches (organic when possible)
- 1 Tbsp (6 g) minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 – 2 lemons or limes, juiced (~1/4 cup or 60 ml)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups (360 – 480 ml) filtered water
- optional: honey
- optional: 1 cup iceWhat to do:
- Pop your ice, kale, mango, peaches, ginger, lemon juice (starting with 1 lemon (2 Tbsp or 30 ml) and working your way up) and 1 cup water (240 ml) into your blender/smoothie maker.
- Once well blended, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If too tart, add more fruit or a little honey…. For more zing, add ginger or more lemon juice.
- Divide between two serving glasses and enjoy 🙂